Friday, May 31, 2013

Found Impressionist Landscapes

1.5" squares glued into my sketchbook in prep for a June calendar spread (left)
free background download from Joanna Grant

1.5" squares glued into my sketchbook in prep for a June calendar spread (right)
free background download from Joanna Grant

Joanna Grant free background download
acrylic, Gelli Plate, collage

Joanna Grant free background download
acrylic, Gelli Plate, collage

Joanna Grant free background download
acrylic, Gelli Plate, collage

I recently downloaded 4 of Joanna Grant's free backgrounds.  I was 
starting my visual art journal calendar for June and thought I would
cut squares out of Joanna's backgrounds which I'd downloaded and 
printed.  As I looked at the squares I suddenly "found" dozens of 
"Impressionist Landscapes".  Ah! Heaven!  I messaged Joanna to tell
her of my "find".  What a dear heart.  She said "Yaaah" when I told her
I was going to make some paintings using squares cut from her backgrounds.

Joanna tells me that her free backgrounds were created using her
Gelli Plate, acrylics and collage.  Aren't they gorgeous?  Also a reminder to
play with your Gelli plate as well as look at your old watercolors, paintings, etc.
Scan them, cut them up and look for your own Impressionist Landscapes inspiration.
Yum!

Want to sew it, stuff it, paint it, journal it...the possibilities are endless.

8 comments:

  1. This is a "fantastic!" idea... :]

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love going back to old painted pages and seeing what 'new' stuff can be found in them. And I love my Gelli plate too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks April and bluetwigstudio--love getting comments on my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, Gayle, I can't believe what you've discovered with these simple backgrounds. And thank you so much for featuring this on your blog and letting me know about it. How fun! Cheers! Joanna

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh how neat! Reminds of how they tell you to make a little frame and move it around your photograph or painting..to find the "art" within your art.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Joanna, Anna, Valerie! Love, love getting comments on my blog!

    ReplyDelete