Thursday, March 1, 2012

Nurturing My Life, Nurturing My Future




This is a two page spread started on 2/29/12 in meeting one of my Visual Art Journaling Group, completed today, 3/1-12.  Torn paper nests, blue acrylic sky, eggs stamps with a dotted texture stamp and cut out of bond paper, embossed and dye-cut leaves, watercolor branches.  Journal entry written with a black Sharpie pen.  Michael's bargin stamp (bird with note).

The theme for this group was nests and what nurtures your life and future.  Big things in my journal: a studio, making art work, daily meditation and exercise, healthy food.  Just found out today that my cholesterol is high and that I must diet, exercise, and take a cholesterol drug.  Guess we do what we do until it hurts too much to continue.  I have gained an alarming amount of weight in the last 5 years and haven't felt myself.  Exercise is key.  Getting started the hard part.

The funny thing about this group was that I just started it through Meetup and had 9 "Creatives" sign up but none RSVP for the first meeting.  I went to my new meeting space and ended up doing the activity with three teens who were there waiting for their moms to get out of a meeting.  They made great pages and we all had fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment