Friday, October 19, 2012

Fall Pages: Preserving Memories & Childlike Qualities

Fall Page, Preserving Memories and Childlike Qualities, Left
Fall Page, Preserving Memories and Childlike Qualities, Right

Stamps, butterfly decoupage paper, Plaid liquid embossing, Inktense W/C Pencils

I first used spray ink to make patterned paper.  I then stamped the redline.com stamp
"Nature Jar" onto it.  I used Plaid liquid embossing (silver) to make threads on the jar lid after I glued the cut-out jar down.  The background was made with scribbles of fall colored Inktense Watercolor Pencils spread around with water and paint brush. Stamped with leaf, crow, spiral line stamps (origin unknown).  

I also found fall-themed quotes from 

Edwin Teale

"Change is a measure of time and, in the autumn, time seems speeded up. 
What was is not and never again will be; what is is change".

and

Andrew Wyeth

"I prefer winter and fall, when you feel the bone structure of the landscape
the loneliness of it, the dead feeling of winter.  Something waits beneath it,
the whole story doesn't show".

I added journaling about my memory of my grandmother canning tomatoes in the summer and using those tomatoes the whole winter to make wonderful stews and sauces.  Also thinking
about the whole idea of preserving something from seasons past.

I am in the fall of my life, a time of collecting memories and gathering my treasures, accepting loss.  Also preserving the childlike qualities of hope, playfulness, enthusiasm, energy, imagination, creativity, spontaneity.  


No comments:

Post a Comment