Thursday, March 28, 2013

Masking Taped Journal Page Experiments




Vine
Taped page with Sepia Walnut Ink
I drew in pencil and colored with
Derwent Inktense Watercolor Pencils.
This is an altered book journal.

Sepia Art Table Buddha

Another taped page stained with Sepia Walnut Ink.
This is the drawing of my art table Buddha. This is my first taped page.
 Experimenting with this in Juliana Coles Quick Draw workshop.
  I think her layered style is akin to patterned style I have.

Doll Dress
Taped page over painted with bronze paint. Rubbed on Walnut Ink.
Drawing of doll's dress painted with acrylic.
Detail of Pine cone painted on taped page in altered book journal 

Pine Cones
Taped altered book journal with light Walnut Ink. Drawn and
painted in acrylic paint.
Pitchers
Taped page (masking tape) painted over with blue acrylic and gesso.
Drawing a Day Challenge. In altered book journal.



I've heard people advise to never put masking tape in a journal but I think
that these pages will change your mind. I love the texture and it is especially
nice when the words or illustrations from the altered book show through.






No comments:

Post a Comment