Saturday, May 12, 2012

Joanne Sharpe's Letter Love


Composition book with duct tape: Duck Red,
"Fancy That" patterned tape, Gelly Roll "stardust"
clear gel pen (Sakura), Identipen black, Martha
Stewart dual-tip marker "Love Bird"


I am so psyched!  I just started Joanne Sharpe's lettering class "Letter Love" http://joannezsharpe.blogspot.com/p/online-classes.html and just started the day one homework.  We were asked to decorate a simple composition book with duck tape and some sort of lettering.  The duct tape strengthens the book since it will be getting a workout with the course exercises.  I have lacked confidence in my lettering skill--which has kept me for putting words and pictures together the way I really want to.  I am so excited to finally get some artsy and professional training.  Also interesting to see how an online class like this is run.  Website, Videos, Flicker, Yahoo Group, Facebook Group, emails.  Very cool.  I'll keep you posted as I make my journal into more confident lettering. 

No comments:

Post a Comment