Monday, May 14, 2012

Play! Practice! Write! Repeat!


Play! Practice! Write! Repeat!
Letter Love Lesson 3

As you can see I am inexperienced with my lettering but Joanne was right to recommend that we make a sign for our work area encouraging us to Play! Practice! Write! Repeat!.  I discovered two big things.  One, Copics can bleed through watercolor paper.  The other revelation is that my Office Max Metallic Pens act as a resist with Copics.  I just meant to outline my letters in Ultramarine Copic but discovered the resist effect.  Then I couldn't stop.  Turned out pretty crazy but I'm glad that I had a chance to Play! with markers, Practice! my lettering skills, Write! and embellish.  I know I will Repeat! this activity SOON.  Decided that I can't really afford a good Copic marker color range so I bought some Sharpie Highlighters (great colors) and Prismacolor Markers as well.  

No comments:

Post a Comment