Monday, May 28, 2012

Tiger Flowers Revisited

Original Collage (see Tiger Flowers post for how-to)

Tiger Flowers (sharpie pen drawing added)

Tiger Flowers, printed background, painted

Pelican opaque watercolors, Yasutomo iredescent watercolors, Sharpie Pen

As you can see, both of the images above are from the left side of the journal spread. 
I was nervous about painting on my colllage so printed out the Tiger Flowers Collage on textured
cardstock.  Much of the rich texture and subtle colors where lost in the print-out.  When I make a
copy I turn it into an original by continuing to alter it.  I wasn't sure if I wanted to lightly paint
(like right image) or add more saturated color.  If you saw the one on the right in person it looks
like an image from an oriental screen.  The one on the left is more full spectrum but the loss of
the background becomes more evident.  Tell me what you think.  I'm leaning towards the
folding screen colors.

4 comments:

  1. WONDERFUL!! What a gorgeous blog. So happy we connected.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much Kathy, I'm really glad I wrote to you, I've had your paintings and photos on my mind for months it seems.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's worth saying again ~ these really are lovely!

    ReplyDelete